Whether the wedding photographer you’ve hired includes a complimentary engagement session in your package or has an engagement session as an all-a-cart option, you should always say ‘yes!’ to an engagement session and here are five reasons why:
- It gives you an idea of what it will be like working with your photographer on your wedding day. Because you will be so dang busy on your wedding day, you’ll want to hire someone who keeps you calm and collected. Getting an engagement session helps you get a feel for the energy your photographer will be putting out on your big day. After your session ask yourself: Was that fun? Did I feel calm? Did I laugh? Did I feel comfortable? If not, you might want to reconsider hiring another photographer to photograph your wedding day.
- It helps you become comfortable in front of the camera. Let’s be very real for a second: being in front of the camera is awkward! When a camera is pointed at you, you don’t know what you look like, what the background looks like, and what the pose you’re doing looks like. Even as a professional photographer, I still get nervous being in front of the camera at times! A good photographer will put you at ease and give you flawless direction. By the end of the night, you’ll be a posing pro!
- Speaking of posing, getting engagement photos taken will help you learn poses that you’ll incorporate on your wedding day. Instead of feeling stiff and trying to loosen, you’ll know exactly what the photographer expects from you and you’ll be able to get into the groove of posing much faster.
- You can use your engagement photos for your save the dates, wedding invitations, online registries, wedding website, and more! You not only get photos to look back on this time in your life, but you can incorporate them into different aspects of your wedding planning!
- More photos! Is there such a thing as having TOO many photos of you and your spouse? I don’t think so!
Leave a Comment